Visual Designer (f/m/d)
We’re looking for a visual designer to drive and develop the design of CareerFoundry’s digital assets and improve the visual language of our brand. As part of our Design Team, you will support the Marketing Department's efforts for our design, data analytics, and web development courses.
You’ll work closely with stakeholders in marketing, design, development, and other teams across the company to design our website, improving the UI design of everything from our product and feature pages to our blog and tutorial pages. You’ll advance our brand, liaising closely with our Media Team to help us stay consistent and improve our presentation across communication channels, from email marketing to social media to our program brochures and outcome reports.
We are a small company with nationalities from over 20 countries. We live and celebrate diversity and see a good work-life balance as our responsibility. As a learning company, we also emphasize our own learning and are looking for someone who is excited about providing mentorship to team members within an inclusive, collaborative, and transparent work environment.
This is a full-time position based in Berlin, Germany. We are a remote-first team with occasional in-person meetings.
Mission as a Visual Designer:
Design CareerFoundry’s website and digital assets in a way that strengthens our visual identity with a goal to drive awareness and grow our customer base through inspiring the next generation of designers, data analysts, and developers.
1. Visual identity and brand
- Evolve, strengthen, and streamline CF’s visual identity through web design and supporting graphics within our curriculum
- Drive our brand forward by strengthening a unique and recognizable visual identity across our marketing pages, social channels, and digital assets while ensuring we maintain consistency
- Liaise closely with our Media, CRM and Performance Teams to contribute to and inform the direction of everything from infographics to social media, emails, and online events
2. UI design
- Design, track, and iterate on growth tests on careerfoundry.com
- Translate qualitative and quantitative research conducted by the team into beautiful UI design that achieves its goal, whether that’s improving a conversion rate, communicating the benefits of a new feature, or providing the basis for testing a new marketing channel
- Work with other marketing stakeholders to identify pages and elements on high conversion pages to A/B test, iterating on test results with an ethos of constant improvement
- 3-5 years’ experience in a related field
- Online portfolio of visual design work that showcases talent in brand development, data driven web design, graphic design and/or illustration, and prototyping
- Experience collaborating with marketing teams, growing the customer base, and optimization of conversion rates
- Demonstrated experience in designing responsive UI for web or mobile applications
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Proficiency in Sketch and/or Figma
- Experience working with style guides and design systems
- Comfortable communicating in English, our working language
- Previous experience working with multidisciplinary design, engineering, and marketing teams in an Agile framework
- Demonstration of UX design as an integral part of your design process such as usability for web, A/B testing, and information architecture
How to Apply
Please include a CV or resume and a cover letter detailing why you’re a great fit for the role along with a link to your portfolio.
We offer a welcoming culture and benefits
As a CareerFoundry employee, you get to help students improve their lives every single day through practical, applied learning. In order to achieve this, we cultivate an environment of growth and celebrate the idea of change as we push ourselves to become the best online bootcamp in the world.
- Flexible working times and remote work. We are a remote-first company with occasional in-office events
- Competitive salary and opportunities to grow your skills on the job, with performance reviews every 6 months and regular professional development check-ins
- A yearly education budget for each employee to learn new skills
- All the benefits of German health insurance and other social security
- An optional company retirement insurance plan
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support if needed
- Free access to the CareerFoundry courses
- Dog-friendly office and as much coffee (or tea!) as you need
- Regular team events, breakfasts, and holiday parties
- A nice, bright, and air-conditioned loft office in the middle of Berlin
- A product that has a real positive effect on the world by helping thousands of people change their lives through education
- A lot of autonomy and freedom in making decisions and leading initiatives
CareerFoundry is the number one online destination for career development in the new economy. Our bootcamp style courses in Web Development, UX & UI Design, and Data Analytics have been engineered to get students a new job or level up in their careers. We’re proud to have one of the world’s most engaged communities of mentors and students, which is the key for the motivation, depth of learning, and career success of our students.