Video Team Lead
We’re looking for a Video Team Lead to help turn CareerFoundry into a household name in edtech. You’ll lead a team of two experienced videographers to strategize and create video content for both marketing and product. You’ll take our YouTube channel from 16k subscribers to 500k and beyond, and provide the Performance Team with best-in-class video ads which engage, inspire and educate. You’ll deliver gorgeous video for our course curricula which will serve to enhance the learning experience, and you’ll help onboard our new students with smartly conceived videos which introduce their new team and excite them about the journey on which they are about to embark. And you’ll be able to masterfully connect all these videos with a common thread of tone and aesthetic. In doing all this, you’ll look and listen to both data and your intuition, you’ll lead empathically and prioritise collaboration over competition, and you’ll relish the opportunity to build something that lasts.
Sound interesting? Then read on to discover more about your responsibilities here at CareerFoundry.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing video strategy
- Develop and define what works for each pillar of video production at CareerFoundry, from punchy, succinct video ads to informative long-form video tutorials.
- Set up and participate in regular video analytics sessions to inform how we produce and curate video, both within our marketing channels and in our product.
- Create and iterate upon a video strategy in collaboration with the Media Team and other stakeholders across the company.
- Deliver on this strategy.
2. Video production
- Take responsibility for the production of our in-house videos for our social media channels, and primarily our YouTube channel, for performance marketing ads, as well as for our learning platform.
- Create and project-manage a lean creative production flow with clear documentation to collaborate effectively in cross-functional teams.
- Plan video shoots; when necessary, scout, select and reserve shoot locations.
- Provide creative direction and input on scripts and throughout pre- and post-production.
- Support your team with shooting and editing footage.
3. Team management
- Lead a team of two videographers.
- Provide feedback and mentorship to your team, working with them on professional development goals and improving the quality of their output and their productivity.
- Develop and emphasize best practices in video and continually help the team learn and grow, staying up-to-date with developments in the field. Make space for focussed creative work so your team has room to play with the ideas that will level up our next round of videos.
- Minimum 3 years of video production experience
- 1+ years’ experience managing a team
- Expert knowledge in the use of Adobe production tools (Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Photoshop)
- Expert knowledge in recording and editing video and audio
- Expert understanding of lighting techniques. Strong eye for post-production color correction
- Must demonstrate sophisticated aesthetic, technical skill, and knowledge of current media trends
- Strong knowledge of marketing
- Knowledgeable about different video and social media platforms like YouTube and Instagram
- Experience working across teams in a collaborative environment is a must
- Understanding and experience of the fields we teach (UX/UI design, web development and data analytics) is a plus