Senior Product Owner / Product Manager (f/m/d)
CareerFoundry is building the number one online destination for career changers, and we’re looking for an analytical and resourceful product owner to help maintain, optimize, and iterate on our proprietary learning platform for our diverse set of online learners and career changers. We’re rated one of the best online bootcamps by CourseReport and are growing in the US and Europe by more than 60% per year.
We’re striving to build the most human-centric education company on earth, and we’re looking for a product owner to tackle this challenging vision and drive forward the quality of our product for the thousands of career changers we serve. You will take strong ownership of the product and should be familiar with user research methodologies and UX and UI tasks such as usability testing, wireframing, and prototyping. You should also be comfortable talking about development concepts and discussing technology decisions with the development team, and you should have experience with agile methodologies including Scrum.
This is a full-time position based in our Berlin, Germany office.
- Understand and represent the different types of users we serve in making product decisions, including students from lead to alumni
- Manage sprint and product backlogs, including defining and clarifying story cards, helping to coordinate grooming and sprint planning, and creating testing and QA plans
- Collaborate with team members to scope, release, and iterate on projects and feature requests
- Deliver on schedule high quality releases with clear and measurable impacts on organizational metrics
- Establish best practices for project planning and execution at CareerFoundry
- Help transform and empower a growing development, design, and product team into executing on a process with smaller cross-functional teams
- Own product outcomes and communicate progress on outcomes to stakeholders across the organization, including senior management
- Proactively seek out and solve issues with stakeholders across the organization
Research and data
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand user, team, and business needs, validate hypotheses, collect data, and research new features and technologies
- Regularly conduct unbiased user research and user interviews and select the right testing methods for various situations
- Work with the data team to research and define business metrics and track success criteria of releases to identify areas for future improvement
- Conduct market research and help select future products
Roadmap and strategy
- Work with Directors of Product, Marketing, and Student Success as well as other business functions like administration and finance to develop and prioritize quarterly OKRs, annual budget, and strategy
- Conduct research on the online tech education market and stay up to date on competitor offerings and new technologies
- Manage our portfolio of products through their complete lifecycle
- Provide ongoing mentorship and professional development opportunities for mid- and junior-level employees
- Provide feedback to the team on processes and work quality and help suggest improvements
- Participate in hiring and onboarding new team members
What do we offer?
As a CareerFoundry employee, you will be helping students improve their lives every day through practical, applied learning. In order to achieve this, we cultivate an environment of growth and celebrate the idea of change as we push ourselves to become the best online bootcamp in the world.
We offer the following benefits:
- Competitive salary and opportunities to grow your skills on the job
- Flexible working times and working-from-home days after probation
- A yearly education budget for each employee to learn new skills
- All the benefits of German health insurance and other social security
- An optional company retirement insurance plan
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support if needed
- Free access to the CareerFoundry courses
- Autonomy and freedom in making decisions and leading initiatives
You can expect a welcoming culture:
- Dog friendly office and as much coffee (or tea!) as you need
- Performance reviews every 6 months and monthly professional development check-ins
- Regular team events, breakfasts, holiday parties, and a yearly offsite
- A nice, bright, air-conditioned loft office in the middle of Berlin - one of Europe’s most exciting cities
- A product that has a real positive impact by helping thousands of people change their lives through education
- 4-5 years’ experience as a product owner in a startup
- Experience with agile, scrum, and other project management methodologies
- Experience working with metric-driven cross-functional teams
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluency in English, our working language
- Understanding of UX and web development concepts, terms, and processes
- Comfortable making data-driven decisions
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience managing production timelines independently
- Familiarity with the education and tech environments
- SCRUM certification or extensive experience with SCRUM
- Experience with user research methodologies (surveys, user interviews)
- Experience gathering and making sense of large data sets
- Knowledge of web development is a plus (e.g. Ruby/Rails)
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
This is a mid- to senior-level position. The salary band for this lies between €55 - €65k annual gross. Your relevant experience will influence the final salary.