Senior Controller (f/m/d)
This is a full-time position based in Berlin, Germany. We are a remote-first company but will still have regularly occurring in-person meetings when the health situation allows.
CareerFoundry is building the most human-centric online education experience for career changers in the fields of UX, UI, web development, and data analytics. We’re rated one of the best online bootcamps by CourseReport and are growing in the US and Europe by more than 60% per year.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Controller who is passionate about driving financial governance, control and information availability.
We are a startup with nationalities from over 20 countries. We live and celebrate diversity and see a good work-life balance as our responsibility. We’re looking for someone who is excited about learning, making financial information more integrated across the organization, and working in an inclusive, collaborative, and transparent environment.
Mission as a Senior Controller:
- You will prepare monthly reports for the leadership team
- You will lead forecasting and variance analysis to actuals
- You will own financial KPIs and design team OKRs to support company level OKRs
- You will prepare liquidity planning ensuring the solvency for the foreseeable future
- You will prepare quarterly and ad-hoc presentations for Supervisory Board
- You will process short-term requests and create related ad-hoc analyses
- You will be a sparring partner with different stakeholders to support them with financial themes, as well as challenging them on financial and performance related topics
- You will design and execute improved controls processes and governance with a focus on value creation and automation
- You will design and execute projects that promote ownership of cost and financial data across the organisation
- You will educate your colleagues on financial topics and drive a cost aware and engaged organisation.
- You will be the focal point for all Controlling activities and a key partner to a growing Business Intelligence team
- You studied business economics/ administration with a focus on Controlling/ Finance/ Accounting/ Corporate Management (preferably a Master’s degree or equivalent)
- You have 4+ years of work experience in the field of Controlling/ Finance (minimum 3 years in Germany)
- You have a solid understanding of HGB
- You are proficient in MS Office, especially with Excel and Powerpoint
- You are a strong communicator, are assertive and work independently and in a structured manner.
- You have a penchant for numbers, data structures, ensuring data quality and use data to tell stories
- You have strong strategic, conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- You thrive in a dynamic work environment and are able to react agilely to changing circumstances with your strong hands-on mentality.
- You are fluent in English, both written and spoken. You are comfortable working in German
- Ideally you have acted as team lead
How to Apply
Please include a CV or resume and a cover letter detailing why you’re a fit for the role.
We offer a welcoming culture and benefits.
As a CareerFoundry employee, you get to help students improve their lives every single day through practical, applied learning. In order to achieve this, we cultivate an environment of growth and celebrate the idea of change as we push ourselves to become the best online bootcamp in the world.
- Flexible working times and remote-first work policy
- Competitive salary and opportunities to grow your skills on the job, with performance reviews every 6 months and regular professional development check-ins
- A yearly education budget for each employee to learn new skills
- All the benefits of German health insurance and other social security
- An optional company retirement insurance plan
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support if needed
- Free access to the CareerFoundry courses
- Dog-friendly office and as much coffee (or tea!) as you need
- Regular team events, breakfasts, and holiday parties
- A nice, bright, and air-conditioned loft office in the middle of Berlin
- A product that has a real positive effect on the world by helping thousands of people change their lives through education
- A lot of autonomy and freedom in making decisions and leading initiatives
Our bootcamp-style courses in Web Development, Data Analysis, UX Design, and UI Design have been built to get students a new job or level up in their careers. We’re proud to have one of the world’s most engaged communities of mentors and students, which is the key for the motivation, depth of learning, and career success of our students.
CareerFoundry is an equal opportunity employer. It is our commitment that every qualified person will be evaluated according to skills regardless of age, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability status, or religion.