We created CareerFoundry to help others build their careers while maintaining personal freedom and flexibility. Our 100% online, flexible, mentor/tutor driven courses are setting the standard for globally accessible technical education. Through our online programs, expert tutors and mentors bring students from complete beginners to junior web developers in 6 months.
We are searching for experienced and passionate senior web developers all over the world to join our pool of experts. Help define the next generation of design talent by educating and empowering students across the globe while working remotely and around your own schedule!
Mentoring with CareerFoundry is more than teaching. It’s inspiring newcomers to the field to build, to problem solve, to think like a developer, and to increase their value as professionals.
Students need more than help and experience to master the necessary skills, they need inspiration and motivation to keep them focused along the way. You're their point of entry into a new industry, so they’ll want to hear about challenges you have overcome and what the role is really like on a day-to-day basis.
- Reviewing your students’ work through the CareerFoundry platform on a regular basis with a view on how it would fit into an industry-ready portfolio.
- Be available for 1-to-1 video calls to help prepare your students entry into their new industry.
- Suggesting supplemental learning materials and personal insights in areas where students are struggling.
- Teaming up with a tutor to answer more advanced queries or for a higher level of troubleshooting.
**We are prioritising recruitment for mentors based in the UK/ Europe, Middle East, and Africa .**
To succeed, you need to have a real drive to pass on your wisdom and secrets for success to the next generation of developers.
- A Master’s degree in a related field (i.e. Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering).
- 3+years experience in the field, and a demonstrable track record showcasing your work for a variety of clients and companies. Your commitment to test-driven development is clear.
- A first class portfolio or GitHub account with rock solid, relevant references to back it up.
- Some experience with HTML and CSS.
- Previous experience in mentorship or tutoring is preferred. You must demonstrate an understanding of how to support beginners, have time and patience and a strong desire to guide people along their career path in this field.
- Knowledge of the latest development tools and trends, a broad network of experts in the field and an in-depth understanding of industry practices.
- Fluent in English.
What’s in it for you:
- 100% Remote and flexible - work from anywhere with an internet connection, and around your schedule.
- A freelance contract with a competitive rate.
- Shape the industry by developing the next generation of developers.
- Resume gold – mentoring experience is highly sought after by employers.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
Last updated 7 April, 2020.