CareerFoundry is building the number one online destination for career changers in tech. We’re looking for an organized, friendly, and resourceful Technical Recruiter to join our team, assisting with recruitment of our tutors and mentors - the industry professionals who provide online support to our students in UX Design, UI Design, and Web Development. We employ both junior and more senior professionals in these industries to support our students and help guide them into the world of tech.
As the Mentor Team's Technical Recruiter, you will be keeping an eye on demand in our different course/geographic areas and staying well ahead of sourcing and managing the recruitment pipeline. You will be our tutors’ and mentors’ introduction to CareerFoundry, and as such we want you to help us make a great impression! You'll have a team of fellow Mentor Advisors sharing the interviewing/onboarding and operational load, but we'd like you to coordinate the process and make sure we're doing the best we can at sourcing and hiring the best people to help our students.
This would be the perfect role for someone with the desire to pursue a career in recruitment for an inspiring company with a great culture and a quality product.
This is a full-time position based in our Berlin HQ in Germany.
Help us grow our student services by owning the pipeline for tutor and mentor recruitment across all courses and timezones. Join in with other Mentor Team tasks where needed, and help integrate talent management throughout our team processes.
1 - Develop a recruiting strategy including appropriate sourcing and other networking activities
- Have an extensive professional network and a good understanding of technology and startups
- Understand the best sources/platforms for sourcing candidates depending on field and location;
- Have an outreach strategy including being able to make recommendations on how to expand CF’s digital footprint to become more visible to candidates
- Help draft accurate and enticing job descriptions to attract the right candidates for our model
- Produce recruiting reports, develop and execute strategies based on conversion rates
2 - Manage the recruitment pipeline
- Review incoming applications
- Maintain applicant tracking system to ensure information is up to date
- Correspond with applicants to ensure they are kept in the loop on their applications with appropriate timeliness
- Communicate professionally with our candidates (be aware some may be connected with the CF community already as existing students, tutors or mentors)
3 - Screen, interview and assess candidates
- Perform initial resume/qualifications/experience screening of tutor/mentor candidates, including determining appropriate level based on technical experience
- Perform research where necessary to confirm technical skills (e.g. requesting and reviewing portfolios, Githubs, and websites)
- Conduct video call interviews with candidates
- Assess according to criteria provided by Mentor Team, augmented by your knowledge and experience of assessing candidates at interview - we would welcome your expertise on ensuring we're using the right criteria to find the best candidates for these roles
- Deal sensitively with unsuccessful candidates; pass on successful candidates to Mentor Team; begin gathering necessary documents for employment
4 - Liaise continuously with other Mentor Team members
- Assist in the seamless handoff of successful candidates from you to the Mentor Team - this will be achieved through continuous communication with the Team Leader and other members
- Be ready to adjust sourcing and recruitment focus based on student/cohort needs - keep up with these proactively but take advice from Mentor Team
- Check in with the Mentor Team to follow up on the success of your candidates down the line as they gain more experience with us
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent professional experience
- 2+ years of experience in recruitment
- C1-proficient or native-level English
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our business
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong, long-lasting networks
- Familiarity with using Applicant Tracking Systems
- Experience working in a startup environment
- Ability to quickly develop the necessary knowledge to assess candidates’ technical skills in a given area
- Have creative, proactive and wide-ranging ideas for sourcing candidates
- German language skills are highly desirable
- Knowledge of German workplace laws and practices
- Background or degree in Human Resources
- Familiarity with online education
How to Apply:
Please write a letter of intent stating why you want to work for CareerFoundry, what interests you about online education, and how you could make an impact working with the team.
This is a mid-level position. The salary band for this lies between €33,600k-€36,100k annual gross. Your relevant experience will influence the final salary.