Product Owner - Edtech (f/m/d)
CareerFoundry is rated one of the best online bootcamps by CourseReport and is growing in the US and Europe by more than 60% per year. We’re striving to build the most human-centric education company on earth, and we’re looking for an analytical and resourceful product owner to help tackle this challenging vision and drive forward the quality of our prospective students’ first experiences with CareerFoundry.
You’ll work within our Growth and Optimization Team to research, develop, and deliver projects that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our marketing, including everything from setting up tracking technologies to carrying out large-scale funnel improvements.
You will be working closely with a cross-functional team of developers, designers, and marketing professionals and should be familiar with marketing concepts like conversion rates and SEO as well as user research methodologies and design tasks such as usability testing, wireframing, and prototyping. You should also be comfortable talking about development concepts and discussing technology decisions with the development team, and you should have some experience with agile methodologies such as Scrum.
This is a full-time position based in Berlin, Germany. We are a remote-first team with occasional in-person meetings.
Mission as the Product Owner:
- Understand and represent the different types of users we serve in making marketing decisions
- Manage sprint and product backlogs, including defining and clarifying story cards, helping to coordinate grooming and sprint planning, and creating testing and QA plans
- Collaborate with team members to scope, release, and iterate on projects and requests
- Deliver high quality releases on schedule with clear and measurable impacts on organizational metrics
- Help establish and refine best practices for project planning and execution at CareerFoundry
- Help transform and empower a growing cross-functional team of product, design, engineering, and marketing professionals
- Own marketing outcomes and communicate progress on outcomes to stakeholders across the organization
- Proactively seek out and solve issues with stakeholders across the organization
- Clearly communicate information and updates to impacted stakeholders, providing training if needed
Research and data
- Work with cross-functional teams in the Marketing Department to understand user, team, and business needs, validate hypotheses, collect data, and research new features and technologies
- Regularly conduct unbiased user research and user interviews and select the right testing methods for various situations
- Track success criteria of releases to identify areas for future improvement and make recommendations for improvement
Roadmap and goal-setting
- Work with the Director of Marketing as well as other business functions like product, student support, administration, and finance to develop quarterly OKRs and team KPIs
- Prioritize and organize a multitude of projects that stretch across the marketing spectrum, such as iterative A/B testing, the set up and maintenance of tracking technologies, SEO fixes, and large-scale funnel improvements
- Conduct research on the online tech education market and stay up to date on competitor offerings and new technologies
- 2-4 years’ experience as a product owner in a startup
- Experience with agile, scrum, and other project management methodologies
- Experience working with metric-driven cross-functional teams
- Understanding of marketing, UX, UI, and web development concepts, terms, and processes
- Comfortable making data-driven decisions
- Experience managing production timelines independently
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable communicating in English, our working language
- Familiarity with the education and tech environments
- Good experience with SCRUM or another agile methodology
- Experience with user research methodologies (surveys, user interviews)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field
How to Apply
Please include a CV or resume and a cover letter detailing why you’re a great fit for the role.
We offer a welcoming culture and benefits
We are a small company with nationalities from over 20 countries. We live and celebrate diversity and see a good work-life balance as our responsibility. As a learning company, we also emphasize our own learning and are looking for someone who is excited about mentorship and collaboration within an inclusive and transparent work environment.
As a CareerFoundry employee, you get to help students improve their lives every single day through practical, applied learning. In order to achieve this, we cultivate an environment of growth and celebrate the idea of change as we push ourselves to become the best online bootcamp in the world. In addition, we offer:
- Flexible working times and remote work. We are a remote-first company with occasional in-office events
- Competitive salary and opportunities to grow your skills on the job, with performance reviews every 6 months and regular professional development check-ins
- A yearly education budget for each employee to learn new skills
- All the benefits of German health insurance and other social security
- An optional company retirement insurance plan
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support if needed
- Free access to the CareerFoundry courses
- Dog-friendly office and as much coffee (or tea!) as you need
- Regular team events
- A nice, bright, and air-conditioned loft office in the middle of Berlin
- A product that has a real positive effect on the world by helping thousands of people change their lives through education
- A lot of autonomy and freedom in making decisions and leading initiatives
CareerFoundry is the number one online destination for career development in the new economy. Our bootcamp style courses in Web Development, UX & UI Design, and Data Analytics have been engineered to get students a new job or level up in their careers. We’re proud to have one of the world’s most engaged communities of mentors and students, which is the key for the motivation, depth of learning, and career success of our students.