Head of Placements (f/m/d)
This is a full-time position based in our Berlin, Germany office.
CareerFoundry is building the most human-centric online education experience for career changers in the fields of UX, UI, web development, and data analytics. We’re rated one of the best online bootcamps by CourseReport and are expanding rapidly in the US and Europe. We are a growing company with nationalities from over 20 countries, serving an international community of online learners.
At CareerFoundry, our mission is at the centre of everything we do, and we want a Head of Placements who can recognise the importance of relationship-building - with students, other CF team members, and with prospective employers - as the key to success. We’re looking for someone who believes in the potential of our students to succeed, and the potential of the company to deliver truly life-changing outcomes.
Mission as the Head of Placements:
In order to help us ensure the success of our career changers, we’re looking for a driven and experienced individual to join the Student Success Department as our Head of Placements.
Building on the contacts, knowledge and experience of our existing Career Services (Coaching) and Alumni Team, you will be growing our ability to offer our students curated, warm job leads leading to successful career change - on an individual student level, as well as brokering major partnerships with employers in our key markets. This role offers the right candidate the ability to grow the team and area to become an essential part of core offerings of CF to our students.
- Formulate and execute a strategy for building out the placements capabilities CareerFoundry can offer its students - your goal is to place 1000 students in 2021
- Articulate a vision for the role of Placements at CareerFoundry, building on consultation with Leadership Team and existing Career Services Team to understand our service offering, the positioning of CF graduates within the market, and our mission
2. Set up a pipeline of employer relationships which will result in placement opportunities for our students
- Develop and nurture a healthy pipeline of prospective partners within a sales quota structure, moving deals from conception to negotiation and signing
- Facilitate ways for employers to present their job opportunities and interact with students, including interviewing potential candidates, using a primarily online format to facilitate this at scale
3. Build a team as necessary to broaden the coverage of these relationships
- Formulate a strategy for growing the placements team to ensure maximum coverage of our student base
- Set targets for your staff and hold them accountable - number of relationships at the top level, following through to number of individual students placed
- 5+ years relevant experience as Placements Manager at an institution such as other bootcamps/online education providers, technical colleges or universities
- Established experience/market knowledge in at least one of our core geographic markets (e.g. North America, Germany, UK)
- Proven ability to create and execute strategy based on available data as well as expert knowledge of your field
- Proven ability to meet client relationship targets
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written, and the ability to influence and engage a range of stakeholders effectively
- Ability to represent CareerFoundry to external stakeholders, business partners and other bodies
- Comfortable communicating in English, our working language
- Experience using a CRM to track and manager partner relationships
- German language proficiency would be a plus (however not necessary, especially if you have proven experience in the placements field in North America)
- Experience in team management
We offer a welcoming culture and benefits
As a CareerFoundry employee, you get to help students improve their lives every single day through practical, applied learning. In order to achieve this, we cultivate an environment of growth and celebrate the idea of change as we push ourselves to become the best online bootcamp in the world.
- Flexible working times and remote work. We are a remote-first company with occasional in-office events
- Competitive salary and opportunities to grow your skills on the job, with performance reviews every 6 months and regular professional development check-ins
- A yearly education budget for each employee to learn new skills
- All the benefits of German health insurance and other social security
- An optional company retirement insurance plan
- Visa sponsorship and relocation support if needed
- Free access to the CareerFoundry courses
- Dog-friendly office and as much coffee (or tea!) as you need
- Regular team events, breakfasts, and holiday parties
- A nice, bright, and air-conditioned loft office in the middle of Berlin
- A product that has a real positive effect on the world by helping thousands of people change their lives through education
- A lot of autonomy and freedom in making decisions and leading initiatives